Statewide BTSALP Conference
Join all BTSALP stakeholders as we Celebrate, Connect and Create
Celebrate the Joy the arts bring to Utah’s elementary classrooms,
Connect with BTS arts specialists from across the state
Create new resources, teaching strategies and classroom content.
Spike 150, Utah’s Transcontinental Railroad Initiative will be our guide.
Use the book, Locomotive by Brian Floca, as a springboard into arts/history integrated lessons.
September 13, 2018
- 1:00 – 2:00 pm Key Note Address, Syd Dickson, State Superintendent
- 2:15 – 3:30 pm Hands On Locomotive Lesson, Use the Statewide Initiative of the Transcontinental Railroad to Develop Lesson Plans
- 3:40 – 4:45 pm Develop a High Quality Activity Checklist & Brainstorm Evaluation Tools
- 5:00 pm DINNER and ENTERTAINMENT – Join us on the Patio of the Capitol for Music and Fun
September 14, 2018
- 8:00 – 8:45 am Advocacy at It’s Best, Learn How to Promote the Arts & Build Awareness in Your Community
- 9:00 –10:30 am Create, Present, Respond, Connect! & Develop a “Bank” of teaching strategies in each Strand.
- 10:30-12:00 am Lesson Generation/Design Sprint
- 12:45 pm LUNCH/Video Highlights of the Conference & “Guest” Presentation
Logo Designed by: the “Golden Spike Create and Think Tank”
South Summit Elementary, South Summit School District
BTS Specialist: Kathleen Briley
Jupiter, Camdin Firth
119, Colton Tychsen
Railroad Worker, Jace Rodriguez
Also on the team, Sydnee Maxfield, Austin Frandsen, Adeline Aste